Thursday, October 1, 2015

Birthday Blog 2015

      The year, which changed everything. This time last year, I was stuck in the Land of Enchantment with almost no friends and feeling lost. I have been blessed with a close knit group of friends, we try to spend at least one night a week together watching movies or just hanging out being girls. I have grown closer to my surrogate sister and had to hold her hand as she deals with her own heart break.  My other surrogate sister who I only met a year ago, I have had to hold her hand as she has experienced more death in six months than anyone deserves and still managed to stand strong. Now I feel that all my closest friends have reached mile stones some good, more bad but all points that I know the Lord will use for his glory.
Surely there is a future, And your hope will not be cut off. “ Proverbs 23:18
What I have learned this year, in no particular order
  • ·         Be Brave and Trust in the Lord
  • ·         The Lord is in Control of every storm
  • ·         That the Lord has a Plan for every heart break
  • ·         And you can learn from every person you meet, even if you chose to keep them at arm’s length
  • ·         You can gain peace from rejection
  • ·         Loving people who hurt others is hard
  • ·         Forgiving people is hard, but loving after forgiving is harder
  • ·         Truth is beautiful
  • ·         The old saying is true, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar
  • ·         Your Ex’s make for great inspiration for stories


        Things that I need to learn in the next year, or however long it takes
5Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.” Colossians 4:5-6
  • ·         Love everyone, even the hypocrites; love them more when want strangle them
  • ·         Always look for the light as you walk through the woods
  • ·         The Lord is the always in control
  • ·         The Lord has a better plan for you than the one you write for yourself
  • ·         Hard work can pay off
  • ·         How to edit my own work and find a comma splice and run-ons
  • ·         How to apply literary theory to literature
  • ·         How to Trust in the Lord with all my heart
  • ·         Enjoy your relationships where there at, and let God lead them forward. And not you or your well-meaning friends.

I have many things to learn and most of my lesson I need to learn are more about trust, which has more with many of my deep rooted problems. This next year will be a year that changes everything, I will either move forward in academia or have to let the Lord close another door in my life. I will see my relationships change and my circle of friends move forward with life whether we like it or not. We will have to trust in the Lord, because life is changing and new roads are being made, life will show its colors and the painting will be a master piece even if we cannot see it now. I pray that in the years to come I will look on this coming year with joy, hope and faith. Life will change and God will be given glory.  

  




No comments:

Post a Comment